top of page

Making a Complaint

If you are not satisfied with our service, you can make a complaint. We understand that it can be difficult to make a complaint and we will always try to deal with your concerns seriously, promptly and confidentially.

Sign marking the outback desert town of Silverton, New South Wales, Australia. The town is

You have a right to make a complaint about the services provided by Far West Community Legal Centre Ltd staff or volunteers, how you were treated or other matters.

All complaints will be dealt with:

  • seriously

  • promptly

  • respectfully

  • in a way that protects privacy and confidentiality

  • following natural justice principles.

If you need help making a complaint you can use your own advocate or support person. You can also speak to us about how we may assist.

How to make a complaint

It may be appropriate to informally raise your concern directly with the worker involved.

Verbal complaint

Verbal complaints may be made by asking to speak with the manager of the service you are dealing with. Complaints can also be raised

directly with the CEO of Far West Community Legal Centre Ltd. 

You can call us directly to find out who the right person is to speak to on (08) 8088 2022 or freecall 1800 300 036.


If you are not satisfied with action taken, you may send a written complaint to the Chair of the Board of Directors.

Written complaint

You can download our feedback form here.

​Written complaints should be addressed and marked "Private and Confidential" to:

Attention CEO, Far West Community Legal Centre Ltd

PO Box 399


If the complaint is regarding the CEO the complaint should be addressed to the Chair of the Board of Directors.

How we deal with complaints

Verbal complaints will be followed up by the relevant person.

The CEO or Chair will follow up written complaints.

The person making a written complaint (the complainant) will be contacted within 14 days of receipt of the complaint. Information about the process and timeframe for addressing the complaint will be provided.


We may ask for further details.


As far as possible, complaints will be investigated and an outcome determined within 1 month of the complaint received.  If this timeframe cannot be met, and where appropriate, the complainant will be informed of the reasons why and of the anticipated timeframe for the determination.


We will advise you when the investigation of a complaint has been completed. If it is appropriate we may advise you of options for further action if required - such as review of the matter by the Board of Directors or making a complaint to external bodies.

The CEO keeps records of all client complaints. We use this information to review and improve our services.

External complaint bodies

Complaints about any of our lawyers may be made to the:

Legal Services Commissioner

GPO Box 4460


Freecall: 1800 242 958

You can also make a complaint using the Office of the Legal Services Commissioner's online complaints portal.

Depending on the reason for the complaint, contact can also be made with:

Anti-Discrimination NSW

Australian Human Rights Commission

bottom of page